Status: On Site
Robotron Game Play
Robotron is a 2D multi-directional shooter game in which the player controls the on-screen protagonist from a top-down perspective. The game is set in the year 2084 in a fictional world where robots (“Robotrons”) have taken control of the world and eradicated most of the human race. The main protagonist is a nameless superhuman attempting to save the last human family.
The game uses a two-joystick control scheme; the left joystick controls the on-screen character’s movement, while the right controls the direction the character’s weapon fires. Both joysticks allow for an input direction in one of eight ways. Each level, referred to as a “wave”, is a single screen populated with a large number of various enemy robots and obstacles; types include invincible giants to robots that continually manufacture other robots that shoot the protagonist. Coming into contact with an enemy, projectile, or obstacle costs the player one life, but extra lives can be earned at certain point totals. Waves also include human family members who can be rescued to score additional points, but certain robots can either kill them or turn them into enemies. Destroying all vulnerable robots allows the player to progress to the next wave; the cycle continues until all reserve lives are lost.
Extra Men Every: 25000 Points
- Lives: 3
- High Score To Date: Yes
- Difficulty Of Play: 5
Robotron “Tie Die” Romset
2084 uses the latest “Tie Die” romset released by Vidkidz in late 2014, which offers the following features/bugfixes:
- Fixes “shot-in-the-corner” bug when enforcers (and possibly other enemies) are killed by diagonal shots at certain screen locations, which ultimately resets the game
- Number of Lives shown at bottom of screen for each player (they still wrap at 256)
- 10 Million digit now shows
- 10 Million+ scores are correctly placed in High Score table which goes up to 9,999,999
- Set High Score of the Day (HTSD) initials to “4” to start game at 99,900,000 to see Goldilocks mode. Will not register as HSTD
- If 3 blanks entered for initials then score is not entered into the High Score Table
- Default initials changed for entries 3, 4 an 5
Full info on the Tie-Die romset can be found here.
Type: Video Game